Among the most severe attacks against the Regional Corporation for the Defense of Human Rights (CREDHOS) in 2015, the following are worthy of note:
Threats and acts of aggression
- 25 February: Threats signed by the self named neo-paramilitary group, the Gaitanistas Self-defence Forces of Colombia, Córdoba and Urabá, were received by means of a pamphlet against Ángel Miguel Conde Tapias, spokesperson for the Board of Directors of CREDHOS, accusing him of collaborating with the ELN guerrilla group.
- 23 June: death threat against Ivan Madero, president of CREDHOS, in a call which said “tell that dog son of a bitch that he’s going to die.”
- 25 June: death threat against Ivan Madero (CREDHOS), in a call to CREDHOS’ secretary which said: “tell that son of a bitch to stop meddling in investigations that don’t concern him.”
- 28 October: a death threat against Andrés Mauricio Ortiz Nieto of CREDHOS was issued by an individual who identified himself as “El Malambo”, one of the top hit men in Barrancabermeja. He said:“stop being a snitch, stop getting involved, and stop asking for me. I know where you live. Do you want us to kill you?”
Tracking and surveillance
- 11 March: Surveillance of Melkin Hernán Castrillón Peña’s house in Barrancabermeja by two men on a motorcycle. Melkin is a member of ACVC and CREDHOS Boards of Directors.
- 12 March: Surveillance of the home of Wilfran Cadena Granado,Vice-president of the CREDHOS Board of Directors.
- 24 August: interrogation, by armed men who traveled by motorcycle, of Melkin Castrillón, spokesperson for CREDHOS and treasurer of ACVC, while he walked into his neighborhood in Barrancabermeja. Later, two men continued surveillance of his house for two more hours until Melkin called the police. The men left when the police arrived.
 Prensa Rural: Persecución a defensores de derechos humanos de Credhos, 26 March 2015. Denunciation filed with the National Office of the Attorny General on the 18th of March. File number: 680816101330201580025
 Statement by Andrea Paola Amaya Serrano to the Public Prosecutor’s Office in Barrancabermeja, LVIT Nº Internal 230615-0561 and by Ivan Antonio Madero Vergel to the Public Prosecutor’s Office in Barrancabermeja JGLG Nº Internal 230615-0562, both lodged on 24 June 2015; 1042am. O: Credhos: “Amenazan de muerte a presidente de Credhos” – 23 June 2015 (document not online)
 Statement made by Andrea Paola Amaya Serrano to Public Prosecutors, Barrancabermeja, LVIT Nº Internal 230615-0564, lodged on 24 Jun 2015; 450pm
 Vanguardia Liberal: Human rights defender is threatened. 1 November, 2015. Report to the Public Prosecutor’s Office, Barrancabermeja, 28 October 2015, at 3pm. Case number 680816000136201505795, and before the Human Rights Ombudsmen of Magdalena Medio, 28 October, received
 Prensa Rural: Persecución a defensores de derechos humanos de Credhos, 26 March 2015. Denunciation filed with the Attorny General on the 26th of March. This case still does not have a file number
 Prensa Rural: Persecución a defensores de derechos humanos de Credhos, 26 March 2015. Denunciation filed with the National Office of the Attorney General on the 18th of March. File number: 680816101330201580026
 Prensa Rural: Paramilitares abordan a líder campesino en Barrancabermeja, 25 August 2015. Denunciation filed by Credhos at the Barrancabermeja Attorney General’s Office, with internal number 250815 – 0592, received on the 26th of August, 2015