Among the most severe attacks against Committee in Solidarity with Political Prisoners (FCSPP) between 2012 and 2013, the following are worthy of note:
Threats and acts of aggression
- 30 January: Text message death threat against various human rights defenders including Walter Agredo, coordinator of the Committee in Solidarity with Political Prisoners of thr Valle del Cauca section, and Martha Giraldo, technical secretary of the MOVICE Valle del Cauca chapter, accusing them of belonging to the Guerilla.
- 29 April: Press release signed by the “United Self-Defence Forces of Colombia – Los Rastrojos – Los Urabeños Command” with threats against Melkin Castrillón and Eladio Morales of the Peasant Farmers Association of the Cimitarra River Valley (Asociación Campesina del Valle del Río Cimitarra – ACVC), and Leonardo Jaimes from FCSPP.
- 5 October: text message death threat from neo-paramilitary group ‘Los Urabeños’ sent to the cellular phone of Walter Agredo of the FCSPP’s Valle del Cauca chapter; the sender threatens to kill Mr. Agredo and other HRDs, saying they have 24 hours to leave the city.
- 22 October: threat from neo-paramilitary group the ‘Black Eagles’ addressed to José Humberto Torres and 98 others, seven of whom take part in the National Roundtable on Guarantees for HRDs. José Humberto Torres is a member of the FCSPP.
Detentions and prosecutions
- 9 August: Rommel Durán Castellanos of FCSPP was arbitrarily detained in Curumaní, Cesar. The transit police got him out of his car and turned him over to the SIJIN (police intelligence). The police only said that there was an arrest warrant in his name for conspiracy, but they would not say which entity emitted the warrant. He was freed on August 10th after 20 hours of detention because the judge affirmed he could not find an arrest warrant on file. According to the report, Durán was tortured, videotaped and photographed illegally and he was forbidden to call his lawyer.
 MOVICE: Denuncia pública: nuevo mensaje amenazante contra organizaciones sociales y de derechos humanos del Valle del Cauca, 4 February 2014
 Prensa Rural: Paramilitares amenazan a defensores de derechos humanos en Santander, 30 April 2014; Amnesty International: Acción Urgente: Amenazas de Paramilitares contra Activistas de Derechos Humanos, 8 May 2014
 FCSPP: Amenazas contra miembros de Cspp, 6 October 2014 / CCAJAR: Amenazas contra organizaciones sociales y de derechos Humanos en Valle del Cauca, 6 October 2014
 CCAJAR: Amenazas a Participantes del Proceso Nacional de Garantías, 22 October 2014
 Equipo Jurídico Pueblos: Urgente: Detención arbitraria en contra de abogado defensor de ddhh, 9 August 2014
 Equipo Jurídico Pueblos: Rommel Durán: Detenido ‘Por Error’ y torturado, pero libre al fin, 10 August 2014