Among the most severe attacks against the Regional Corporation for the Defense of Human Rights (CREDHOS) in 2014, the following are worthy of note:
Threats and acts of aggression
- 9 January: Death threat to Iván Madero, president of the Regional Corporation for the Defence of Human Rights (CRED- HOS), and his family giving him 48 hours to leave the city of Barrancabermeja (Santander Departmente).
- 23 January: A new death threat against Iván Madero, president of CREDHOS, and his family for not having left the city in the 48 hours he had been given previously.
- 28 February: Telephone threat received at the CREDHOS office stating, “tell the guy you have in San Pablo to stop sticking his nose where he shouldn’t, because today we are going to kill him”. At this time Andrés Mauricio Ortiz Nieto, board member of CREDHOS, was working in San Pablo accompanied by PBI.
Tracking and surveillance
- 14 May:A man who identified himself as the brother of Andrés Mauricio Ortiz Nieto of the Regional Corporation for the Defense of Human Rights (Corporación Regional para la Defensa de los Derechos Humanos – CREDHOS) called the daycare site of Andrés’ son to inquire about the defenders’ pickup schedule.
- 2 October: Iván Madero, president of CREDHOS, is followed and monitored in Barrancabermeja.
- 15 October: Guillermo José Larios, member of CREDHOS’ board of directors followed and monitored in Barrancabermeja.
 CREDHOS: Amenazan de muerte a Iván Madero, presidente de CREDHOS, 10 January 2014
 Amnesty International: Amenazas de muerte contra Iván Madero Vergel, 27 January 2014
 MOVICE: Denuncia Pública: Nueva amenaza contra defensor de CREDHOS, Barrancabermeja, 3 March 2014
 Prensa Rural: Reiteradas amenazas a defensor de derechos humanos en Barrancabermeja, 23 May 2014
 CREDHOS: Defensores de Derechos Humanos víctimas de asecho y hostigamiento constantes en la región, 27 October 2014 (document not available on-line)
 Denunciation lodged with the Attorney General’s Office in Barracabermeja, No. 0680816000135201401697 E.A. 2